AnonymousSums data con syntax

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 8 08:28:50 UTC 2015

I can see the force of this discussion about data type constructors for sums, but

·         We already do this for tuples: (,,,,) is a type constructor and you have to count commas.   We could use a number here but we don’t.

·         Likewise tuple sections.  (,,e,) means (\xyz. (x,y,e,z))
I do not expect big sums in practice.

That said, (2/5| True) instead of (|True|||) would be ok I suppose.  Or something like that.

Simon