Proposal: Automatic derivation of Lift

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:10:34 UTC 2015

Continuing my support of the generics route. Is there a fundamental
reason why it couldn't handle unlifted types? Given their relative
paucity, it seems like a fair compromise to generically define lift
instances for all normal data types but require TH for unlifted types.
This approach seems much smoother from a maintenance perspective.