can't get haddock patch

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Oct 26 18:55:42 UTC 2015

Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> Ben
> What does this mean? (below) Does it mean you have not pushed something to the haddock repo>
> This happens when I'm on branch  wip/T9858-typeable-ben2, in the main repo
>
> Simon
>
> git submodule update
>
> fatal: reference is not a tree: 289ef817aad02c341beb6d4c28ba0495872f5a0f

This means that the commit listed doesn't appear to be a commit in the
`haddock` repository.

I suspect I forgot to point out that the haddock changes are available
in my Haddock repository on Github [1]. You would have needed to do
something like this to see them,

    $ cd utils/haddock
    $ git remote add bgamari git://github.com/bgamari/haddock
    $ git remote update

At which point you would have commit in question and could try `git
submodule update` again.

Regardless, I can take care of it from here.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://github.com/bgamari/haddock/tree/T9858