Context for typed holes

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 23:25:40 UTC 2015

Unless something has changed really recently that I've missed, the typed
holes messages are missing some really important information: instance
information for types in scope. When I am trying to fill in a hole, I look
to the "relevant bindings" to show me what pieces I have available to use.
Those pieces don't include contexts! Is there something fundamentally hard
about adding this information? I'd only want instance information for type
variables--providing it for concrete types would make too much noise. I'd
also want information on equality constraints, of course.