mac platform problem with configure in 7.10.3 release candidate 3

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 23:55:10 UTC 2015

On MacOS if your path is such that gcc is the gnu gcc rather than Apple's
gcc then ./configure gives

checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
`/Users/gcolpitts/downloads/ghc-7.10.2.20151114':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details

I worked around this by doing

export PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH

before doing ./configure