Arcanist "lite" Haskell reimplementation (was: Proposal: accept pull requests on GitHub)

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:42:29 UTC 2015

On 6 September 2015 at 16:06, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

> I went ahead wasting some time and hacked up `arc-lite` for fun:
>
>   https://github.com/haskell-infra/arc-lite
>
> It's currently at 407 Haskell SLOCs according to sloccount(1), and
> emulates the `arc` CLI as a drop-in replacement. As a
> proof-of-concept I've implemented the 3 simple operations
>
>  - `arc install-certificate`
>  - `arc list`
>  - `arc call-conduit`
>
> If we wasted even more time, this could result in
>
>  - Simplify installation of Arcanist for GHC contributors via Hacked
>    (i.e. just `cabal install arc-lite`)
>  - Implement a simple `arc diff`-like operation for submitting patches
>    to Phabricator
>  - Implement convenience operations tailored to GHC development
>  - Teach arc-lite to behave more Git-idomatic
>  - Make `arc-lite` automatically manage multi-commit code-reviews by
>    splitting them up and submit them as multiple inter-dependendant
>    code-revisions
>  - ...
>
> Any comments?

I'm surprised there hasn't been any feedback on the list yet, so let
me say I like this a lot. It'll be easier to get running than having
the right PHP interpreter version with all required libraries. It's
easier to bundle in the Haskell Platform as well.

Do you plan to implement the most important commands, or is this
project on ice (for now)?