spj-wildcard-refactor

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 20 17:14:33 UTC 2015

Status on my spj-wildcard-refactor patch

·         I’m down to one test failure a modest perf regression on T3064.   This is really a test of type family reduction which is nothing to do with my changes, so I have no idea what’s happening there.  I’m waiting till I can build a profiled compiler to test.

What’s the best workflow for to take my branch with tons of wibble-ish patches, and commit to HEAD with a small number of sensible patches.

I was thinking:

·         Git checkout wip/spj-wildcard-refactor

·         Git merge master

·         Git reset master   (leaves working files alone)

·         Now commit patches
Is that right?