Window build broken

lonetiger at gmail.com lonetiger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 22:41:00 UTC 2015

➢  Perhaps it is.  Should I blow it away and re-install?

I’d hold on that this. I have just tried building myself and also hit it.

Taking a closer look, it seems that the .o file being produces isn’t an object file but an image file. It contains the standard image headers and a PE signature.

GHC is doing the right thing in error out here. I think this is coming from D1242, there’s a linker script in there driver/utils/merge_sections.ld that’s causing ld on windows to output an image file instead of an object file.

I’m afraid I am not familiar enough with ld to offer a proper fix, but to get you working again:

In rules/build-package-way.mk on line 154, remove the “$(if $(filter YES,$(LdIsGNULd)),-T $$($1_$2_LD_SCRIPT))” bit.

That should get It working again.

Regards,
Tamar