Remote GHCi

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:10:55 UTC 2015

Hi folks - I've been thinking about changing the way we run interpreted
code so that it would be run in a separate process.  It turns out this
has quite a few benefits, and would let us kill some of the really
awkward hacks we have in GHC to work around problems that arise because
we're running interpreted code and the compiler on the same runtime.

I summarised the idea here: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/RemoteGHCi

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any thoughts around this,
particularly if doing this would make your life difficult in some way.
Are people relying on dynCompileExpr for anything?