Travis builds failing

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri May 29 20:42:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 28.05.2015, 17:46 -0700 schrieb Edward Z. Yang:
> To whoever manages our Travis setup https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc/builds

that would be me.

> We seem to be failing because our build takes longer than 50min.

that happens occasionally, yes, and is the main reason we still don’t
send failure mails to the commiter (and instead to me).

But the real reason why the Travis setup is currently unusable is this:

        Unexpected failures:
           driver               T2507 [bad stderr] (normal)
           driver               T8959a [bad stderr] (normal)
           ghc-api              T6145 [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api              T8639_api [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api/annotations  T10278 [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api/annotations  T10357 [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api/annotations  T10358 [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api/annotations  T10396 [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api/annotations  T10399 [bad exit code] (normal)
           ghc-api/annotations  boolFormula [bad exit code] (normal)

all of which fail with

        collect2: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
        make[3]: *** [t10358] Error 1

Unfortunately, when this first appeared, there were other build failures
in HEAD, so I could not (easily) identify the first commit causing
this.

I raised this on this list (“api annotations test failures”, May 15).
Alan Zimmerman looked into it, but it seems without success.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner