hackage statistics

Robin KAY komadori at gekkou.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 10:12:47 UTC 2015

Dear Meng,

Meng Wang wrote: [snip]
> A few of us are writing a survey of FP and would like to include some
> statistic graphs of Haskell (similar to those found
> here:http://galois.com/blog/2009/03/one-million-haskell-downloads/).
> Does anyone know how I can obtain such data?

I have obtained this information before and I used, AFAICR, the
web-service URL http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/downloads as
described on the API page: http://hackage.haskell.org/api#download

However, when I tried it just now it requested my Hackage credentials
and then gave me a 403 Forbidden error. The file was quite large, nearly
100 MB when I downloaded it last August, and it can only grow bigger so
perhaps it has been disabled for that reason?

BTW, ghc-devs is probably the wrong list for this topic. Try -cafe?

Regards,
--
Robin KAY http://www.gekkou.co.uk/