HP 2015.2.0.0 and GHC 7.10

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:20:54 UTC 2015

> [...] I'll try to get a generic linux build up soonish... but my VM now runs out
> of memory trying to build OpenGL - and adding more only makes my machine
> thrash to death!

On Travis CI and the hackage build server, I have problems regarding
memory, too, see e.g.
https://travis-ci.org/haskell-opengl/OpenGLRaw/jobs/55308553 and
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/OpenGLRaw-2.4.0.0/reports/1.
Sometimes things go smoothly on Travis CI, sometimes they don't, but
if things fail, it's always haddock running out of memory when
generating the documentation for
Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.Raw.Functions. The resulting web page is not
that small (roughly 5.5 MB), but it's not really huge, either. Travis
CI VMs have 3 GB memory available IIRC, and requiring >3 GB for 5.5 MB
output seems to be a bit high. Furthermore, this seems to be a
regression in Haddock: The Travis CI builds for older versions always
work fine. I think this needs to be fixed in Haddock...