American vs. British English

Boespflug, Mathieu m at tweag.io
Mon Jan 26 18:17:28 UTC 2015

FWIW, even the British can't entirely make up their mind about whether
to -ize or to -ise:

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/03/ize-or-ise/

The advantage of *not* introducing aliases is that it makes it that
much easier to exhaustively test whether some extension is turned on -
it means extensions have a canonical name that everyone uses.