Playing with the profiler

Luís Gabriel lampih at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:20:30 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I'm doing some experiments with the GHC time profiler and I need to add a
new field to the Cost Centre structures. I managed to add the field in the
*CCS.h* header as well as in *codeGen/StgCmmProf.hs* but for some reason
the program is crashing during garbage collection.

As I have no experience with the GHC internals, I'm having trouble to find
the problem. It would be very nice if someone could give me some clue to
find this bug.

The patch on GHC as well as the test sample and stack traces can be found
here: https://gist.github.com/luisgabriel/39d51cf4d661c7e62e22

Thanks,
Luís Gabriel