Build failure under Fedora 21

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:35:53 UTC 2015

Hi Roman,

Thank you for suggesting that I take another look at compiling from
source under Fedora 21. This is indeed quite straightforward
(configure --prefix=..., make, make install). The reason it failed
earlier is that I had the latest build (from HEAD) in my path:
ghc=7.11.20150111. Bootstrapping using this version of GHC is not
supported. I should have paid closer attention to the diagnostics!

After installing from the supplied binaries (for CentOS or Debian) I
ran into problems installing pandoc (cabal install pandoc). There was
an unresolved reference to libHSprimitive-0.5.4.0.so, I think.

Cheers,
Dominick