Build failure under Fedora 21

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Mon Jan 12 08:34:10 UTC 2015

On 12/01/15 04:00, Dominick Samperi wrote:
> Hi Roman.
>
> As I said in my comments I tried the binary distribution provided for
> CentOS65 Linux but ran into problems. I also tried the distribution provided
> for Debian Linux; this installed, but there were problems.
>
> Fedora is the most "cutting edge" distro, and there is no ghc binary
> provided for it. I was able to build from source under Fedora 20 about a year
> ago.

% lsb_release -d

% ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.8.3

There's no reason the binary ghc release shouldn't work for you
(specifically, the deb7 one). What problems did you run into?

(There's also no reason you shouldn't be able to build from source; but
if all you want is just a working ghc installation, installing the
bindist is much easier and faster.)

Roman