breakages due to redundant constraint removals?

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 6 22:33:44 UTC 2015

| ..ah, I see, so we'll need some CPP to retain compatiblity with stable
| GHCs (as parallel and deepseq have -- before your commit -- been
| compatible with all stable GHC 7.x releases)...

yes, I suppose so.

Or, I suppose, we could revert my changes to parallel and deepseq, and add -fno-warn-redundant-constraints at the top (I suppose *that* would need cpp).  And then remember in n years time to take it out.

Because of the n years time issue I'm inclined to the former solution, because at least it's clear: "if compiling with GHC <= 7.10, use this signature, else that one".

Simon

| > Simon

| > |
| > | Hello Simon,
| > |
| > | I just noticed that your recent commit to deepseq, had a devastating
| > | effect:
| > |
| > |   https://travis-ci.org/haskell/deepseq/builds/46063392
| > |