Resolving Windows 64-bit linker issues

Roman Kuznetsov kuznero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:23:32 UTC 2015

Hello Darren,

I am officially on the Windows Task Force group, though didn't have a
chance to contribute yet. Primarily due to the lack of time lately and lack
of knowledge. Thus, I would suggest myself as not the one who could
effectively fill you in on the matter, but rather join you with an attempt
to fix some of these issues you mentioned.

Please let me know if you are interested in this kind of cooperation. But
keep in mind that I am in the process of getting things up and running with
regards to GHC build process.

/Roman K.

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Darren Grant <dedgrant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I notice there are a series of related long-standing issues subject to
> particular cygwin64 quirks, and I'd like to offer time to help resolve
> these if possible
>
> At this point I've had some exposure to the GHC build process (7.8.3), and
> have poked around the GHC linker to gain some low level insight.
>
> Would anyone be available to fill me in on the current state of affairs
> with mingw64 GHCi linking? For instance, is there ongoing work, or perhaps
> a preferred direction but no available developer bandwidth to proceed?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> Darren

Sincerely yours,