Flag warnings show intermediate hscpp filenames on SmartOS

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Thu Dec 31 15:21:28 UTC 2015

On 12/31/15 01:30 PM, Ben Gamari wrote:
> Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz> writes:
>
>> Hi Alain,
>>
>> I guess you are hit by well known issue in GCC's CPP on Solaris. Just
>> verify here:
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-08/msg00114.html
>>
>> solution in this case is simple: use configure option to set different
>> non buggy CPP as a CPP for GHC.
>>
>> Please let me know if this is the culprit,
>>
> Perhaps we should add an autoconf check to preempt this issue and point
> affected users in the direction of a solution?

Hmm, I tried that with https://phabricator.haskell.org/D151 -- but
perhaps some nice warning emitted during configure time in case of
undetected GCC 3.4.3 on Solaris will help here? This will also need to
be done in bindist configure thought.

Alain, would you do that? I'm asking since you've been hit by this
recently...

Karel