GHC 8.0 feature freeze imminent

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 17 10:59:54 UTC 2015

Mathieu

I’m afraid not.   The underlying technology is there, since this week.  But we need to think carefully about the transition (since it’s a big library change), and I simply have not had time to do that.  Moreover not everything about the new library design is settled.

So we decided to get 8.0 out and then work with the community on exactly what the new API should be.  I’m actually delighted that you are still engaged with this (haven’t heard much from you for a while), and I’d like to start on it in the new year.

Would you be prepared to be an active participant?  Or even be the lead player?  I’ve written a paper that I’ll put up shortly that goes through the idea of type-indexed type representations in some detail.

Thanks

Simon