GHC 8.0 feature freeze imminent

Boespflug, Mathieu m at tweag.io
Thu Dec 17 10:22:35 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

does GHC HEAD include the cleanup to the Typeable story detailed here,
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Typeable? My understanding was that
this blocked on kind equalities, which was merged just recently. See this
quote from that page:

> Step 3 (allowing TypeRep to be fully decomposed in a type safe way)
absolutely requires kind equalities.

Making static pointers safe in GHC 8.0 is dependent on a solution to this
particular issue.

--
Mathieu Boespflug
Founder at http://tweag.io.