D808 progress report

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Dec 9 13:22:30 UTC 2015

Richard Eisenberg <eir at cis.upenn.edu> writes:

> I've just updated the nokinds-dev branch with the latest. It should
> compile with bootstrapping from 7.8.
>
> Haddock should also compile, but only after doing this from
> utils/haddock:
>
>  > git remote add goldfire git://github.com/goldfirere/haddock.git
>  > git fetch goldfire
>
> For some reason, I couldn't push a wip/rae-nokinds branch to
> haddock.git at git.haskell.org.
>
> I'm also still hitting the out-of-memory error when posting to Phab.
> :(

Hmm. Austin, what is the status of the Phabricator migration? Perhaps
this has been fixed? It would be nice to know that this validates on
Harbormaster.

> Nothing particularly interesting to report otherwise. I still have
> hope that I'll be able to validate cleanly (modulo performance) by Wed
> evening.

I've opened a pull request against your branch fixing up some haddock
issues that were preventing a standard `make all` build from finishing.

Now since I have a build I'll be turning my attention to some of the
performance issues.

Cheers,

- Ben