A comment on Introspective-Haskell

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 02:51:10 UTC 2015

I just came across https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/11081, and the
corresponding wiki-page:
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TemplateHaskell/Introspective

I think this is a terrific idea. In the past, I've tried both TH and
haskell-src-exts to do relatively simple things, but ended-up abandoning
them due to the inherent complexity of source level haskell that had very
little to do with what I really cared about. Being able to get your hands
on Core at the regular Haskell level would truly simplify life, and I
suspect would open the flood-gates for a lot of people to develop extremely
cool/useful artifacts, making the GHC/Haskell experience even better.

I hope this idea is taken further and sees the light-of-day.

Richard: Did you have any further thoughts about possible plans?

-Levent.