The GHC 8.0 feature freeze is coming

Luite Stegeman stegeman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 14:04:22 UTC 2015

Oh I don't want to block anything from being merged, if anything I'd like
to see it get added and actually use the new intrastructure. Unfortunately
it looks like I already need some hook changes to make GHCJSi work
reasonably well, without having to copy/paste huge loads of GHC code into
GHCJS, but it'd feel a bit silly to add hooks for something where a proper
solution is already in place. So I would like to try to update GHCJS to use
this, if there's a good chance that this gets merged.

I just hope that I have enough time to do all of this and verify that
things work before the freeze. It's a bit unfortunate that I can only be
really sure when I actually have things running, and there's always a lot
of work involved in updating GHCJS and its dependencies to work with GHC
HEAD, with many big changes always landing right before the freeze.

cheers,

Luite