The GHC 8.0 feature freeze is coming

Luite Stegeman stegeman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:57:38 UTC 2015

Is Simon's remote GHCi patch planned to go in before the fork? I'm still
working on upgrading GHCJS to work with the master branch, but I haven't
quite finished yet. This change would clearly require some restructuring of
GHCJSi and Template Haskell in GHCJS, and I'm not sure if a week is enough
to test the changes. Also the recent removal of boot file merging
reintroduces a problem with that I'm not sure can be fixed without adding a
new hook.

What's the policy on adding hooks or GHC API tweaks after the freeze?

cheers,

Luite