question about GHC API on GHC plugin

Mike Izbicki mike at izbicki.me
Sat Aug 8 01:33:03 UTC 2015

I've figured out a hack that partially works.  If the Name of the
function I'm trying to call is stored in `name`, then the following
code puts its type in `t`:
```
hscenv <- getHscEnv
t <- liftIO $ do
    eps <- hscEPS hscenv
    let i = fromJust $ lookupNameEnv (eps_PTE eps) name
    return varType i
```
This, however, only works if the function has actually been used in
the module before.  That makes it more fragile than I'd like.

Also, once I have the type `t`, I'm having trouble creating the
appropriate dictionary to pass as the first argument in core.  I can
get the name of the class constraint doing something like:
```
let (ClassPred c _) = classifyPredType . snd . splitAppTy . fst .
splitAppTy $ dropForAlls t
```
But I can't find a function for creating a dictionary (of type Var)
given a Class.