Phabricator as bug tracker system (off topic)

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Tue Apr 14 06:52:01 UTC 2015

> we need to move Agda's bug tracker system from Google Code to something else.
Finally! I disliked Google Code so much that if I found a bug in Agda I either mailed it to the
discussion list or did not report it at all.

And now on topic:
- the only project I've been using Trac for is GHC. It seems to lack some more advanced features
but from a developer's perspective it conatins everything necessary to do the job. It can be
customized to the needs of a project. I think the only major downside of Trac is that a single
installation can only run a single project. Probably not a problem for Agda.
- GitHubs issue tracker lacks many fetures that might be essential for a larger project. For
example you can't assign related issues or blocked issues. There is no way to add attachments or
customize it in any way (eg. GHC Trac can list test names for a given ticket and connects tickets
to phabricator). Still better than Google Code IMO.
- I've been also using and administrating Redmine. It is feature rich and much more intuitive than
Trac (at least for me). One instance can run multiple projects. Major downside: it starts slowly
(ie. if no one was using it recently and someone visits it the instance must be started and that
takes several seconds).
- I've been also using Bugzilla, mostly to report bugs for some open-source project. For a pearson
that only reports bugs it was OK. Not sure how it works for a developer.

HTH

Janek

> From some preliminary investigation, it seems Phabricator bug tracker
> system (Maniphest) is more robust than GitHub one.
>
> I would appreciate some feedback related to Maniphest or other bug
> tracker system.
>
> Thanks,

---
Politechnika Łódzka
Lodz University of Technology

Treść tej wiadomości zawiera informacje przeznaczone tylko dla adresata.
Jeżeli nie jesteście Państwo jej adresatem, bądź otrzymaliście ją przez pomyłkę
prosimy o powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz trwałe jej usunięcie.

This email contains information intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender and delete it from your system.