Making GHCi awesomer?

Christopher Done chrisdone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 17:59:24 UTC 2014

On 18 October 2014 19:28, Daniel Gröber <dxld at darkboxed.org> wrote:

> Do you have any examples of such projects, I've never seen any
> complaints about ghc-mod doing this.

I haven't used ghc-mod enough to have a crash happen to me. I couldn't get
it to work the times I'd tried it and others make this complaint. Whereas
GHCi works for everyone!

> Sounds awesome I'd love to get in on this :)

Herbert doesn't have time to hack on it, but was encouraging about
continuing with ghci-ng. I'm thinking to try forward-porting ghci-ng to GHC
7.8, or otherwise extracting GHC 7.8's GHCi again and then backporting it
to 7.6. (Under the assumption that current + past is a reasonable number of
GHCs to support.) I'm going to experiment with the JSON interface and I'll
report back with results.