Request: Phab Differentials should include road maps

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 14 14:09:06 UTC 2014

I frequently find myself asking for a different kind of road map: a wiki page saying
- what is the problem we are trying to solve
- what is the general approach for solving it
- what is the specification for what a GHC user (or maybe a GHC API client,
  depending) would see?
- what is a road map for how the implementation is structured.

We often have these wiki pages but not always.  Simply reviewing a big blob of source-code diffs and trying to reconstruct the above four points is not much fun!  Moreover the act of writing them can be fantastically illuminating.  The StaticPtr stuff is a case in point.

Simon