Tentative high-level plans for 7.10.1

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:13:01 UTC 2014

the checkout process for the 7.8 branch is a bit involved (and NB: you
really want to use a different tree than one for working on head, the
checkout process is different
)

$ git clone -b ghc-7.8 git://git.haskell.org/ghc.git ghc-7.8TREE
$ cd ghc-7.8TREE/
$ ./sync-all   get -b ghc-7.8

(theres no need for a lot of this with HEAD)

that will checkout a working tree of 7.8 head (unless i'm missing a step)
I Believe arc/phab will work correctly on top of this though. (I certainly
used phab to get a patch or so into 7.8.3 ! )