[commit: ghc] master: Be consistent with placement of Safe Haskell mode at top of file (2a523eb)

David Terei d at davidterei.com
Fri Nov 21 21:37:24 UTC 2014

Necessary is a strong statement, it's obviously not as it's style.

I personally think it's better to have Safe Haskell pragmas at the top
as they aren't like other pragmas, they don't just turn something on
but make a hard statement about the module in question. As such it
seems better to me to keep them at the top to retain this distinction
from other pragmas.

If you feel or others a different style is better, that's fine. There
isn't any consistent style with pragmas so I introduced one. If
considering my argument above you prefer alphabetical then feel free
to revert the patch. It would be nice if we had a consistent style
though with pragmas. I don't care strongly what it is, just that it
exists.

Cheers,
David