small `arc` victory -- commit message not changed

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:40:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm hesitant to recommend this workflow.  I think the biggest problem
> in your description is the bit where you "de-Phabbed" the commit message,
> which meant that you had to tell Phabricator exactly which diff you wanted
> to update later
> ​.

​The important thing when de-phabbing the commit message is to keep the

"Differential Revision: ..."

line intact; that way `arc` and Phabricator recognise what differential the
commit belongs to.

​
​I always de-phab the commit messages before landing manually (alas `arc
land` is useless here) because otherwise we end up with non-idiomatic
commit messages which look terrible everywhere else except in
Phabricator... :-/​