Question about `validate` workflow

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Nov 9 19:42:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 08.11.2014, 22:33 -0500 schrieb Richard Eisenberg:
> I've stopped validating locally, allowing Travis to do it for me. If
> you use a `wip/...` branch and push to the main GHC repo, you can find
> build reports at travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc. Or, I'm sure if you clue
> Travis in, this can also work if you push to your own GitHub fork of
> GHC.

of course this spams ghc-commits quite a lot. So while I think it’s
reasonable to use this method to validate something that you expect to
pass, I would advice using your own GitHub fork if you do trial and
error. It’s just takes a few clicks or so to set it up, including
enabling Travis.

Greetings,
Joachim

--