7.10 STABLE freeze date

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Sun Nov 9 13:52:49 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Dr. ERDI Gergo <gergo at erdi.hu> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2014, Austin Seipp wrote:
>
>> And these are really the major things we're waiting for. See below:
>>
>> - https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-7.10.1
>>
>> These are just:
>>
>> - D155, LLVM 3.5 compatibility,
>> - D396 and D169, DWARF/source code note work. These are mostly in me
>> and Simon's court to do another review round, but I think will be OK
>> to get them in on time.
>> - D168, Partial type signatures. The ball is in Simon's court on this
>> one, but he's had several good rounds of discussion with Thomas etc
>> from what I understand.
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm almost done with implementing pattern synonym signatures (#8584): I have
> it fully working on my wip/T8584 branch, I just need to add some tests, and
> also come up with an acceptable syntax.
>
> I also hope to finish fixing #9732 / #9783 over the next couple days.

Great, thank you Gergo.

> Please let me know ASAP if there's anything more I'll need to do to get
> these into 7.10, because my schedule for working on GHC will be rather
> spotty for the next couple weeks.
>
> Bye,
>         Gergo

That's fine. Part of the reason the freeze period is so long this year
is due to the expectation people may have some spotty availability. It
is the holiday season, after all.

I'll be regularly merging bugfixes etc, so it should not be hard to
merge things later.

(Also, the 7.10 branch will be much easier to build this time; a lot
easier for everyone who might backport themselves.)

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant