[Msys2-users] Debugging undeterministic segfaults

David Macek david.macek.0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:10:53 UTC 2014

On 4. 11. 2014 14:14, Gintautas Miliauskas wrote:
> I'm working on ghc trunk.

I'm trying to reproduce your errors, but I failed at ./boot with:

Booting .
'autoreconf' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Running autoreconf failed with exitcode 256 at ./boot line 163, <PKGS> line 12.

It seems that /mingw64/bin/perl's system("autoreconf") fails to execute because it's passing the command line to cmd, not bash (/usr/bin/autoreconf is a script).

Gintautas, do you have mingw-w64-x86_64-perl installed?

Can we do something about this, or is boot going to work only in pure msys2 shell?

--
David Macek