[Msys2-users] Debugging undeterministic segfaults

Gintautas Miliauskas gintautas.miliauskas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:14:14 UTC 2014

I'm working on ghc trunk.

You were indeed right, the compiler was probably optimizing out my code.
The suggested crasher code works, and qtcreator gets invoked, although I
did not manage to set up gdb yet.

I think I have an idea of what's going wrong here. hvr@ was right in
pointing out that we need to be careful with the PATH. It seems that the
bundled gcc is picking up the system-wide DLLs, and bad things happen
because of version incompatibilities. That does not explain why "rm" is
crashing, but maybe that's fallout from cross-process damage. I will do
some more testing. If this is indeed the cause, then hopefully debugging
will not be needed anyway.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM, David Macek <david.macek.0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4. 11. 2014 1:30, Ray Donnelly wrote:
> > Finally, can anyone else confirm the problem?
>
> I'm sorry if I missed it, but I can't find what source version you're
> using, Gintautas. Release/trunk?
>
> --
> David Macek

Gintautas Miliauskas