NondecreasingIndentation (& de-tabbing several .hs files)

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:12:27 UTC 2014

Hello GHC devs,

While I refactored the ghc code base to declare LANGUAGE pragmas
locally, rather than via -X-flags on the GHC commandline, I've noticed
there were a couple of places where NondecreasingIndentation grammar was used.

What's the current consensus on the use of NondecreasingIndentation? Is
its use still encouraged?

----

Moreover, I touched several files (over 300) while refactoring, would
that qualify as "working on this module" in the sense of

| While working on this module you are encouraged to remove it and detab
| the module (please do the detabbing in a separate patch).

or would that overreach wrt the original intent of the guideline quoted
above?

Cheers,
  hvr