Many new validate failures, "Synonym in TyConAppCo"-related

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue May 13 22:42:34 UTC 2014

Mea culpa.  I thought I'd validated but perhaps I got it wrong -- I was in a hurry because of catching a train.

Anyway, Christiaan is spot on... the Lint check should only be for genuine type synonyms, and isSynTyCon is misleadingly named.  I'll add a patch for that shortly, and deal with the naming issue later.

Apologies

Simon