Wired-in packages not found

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Thu Mar 27 16:39:26 UTC 2014

Template Haskell is certainly included in the 7.6.3 source
distribution - but I'm afraid off hand, I couldn't tell you why it
doesn't seem to be picked up by your compilation.

FWIW, if you want a change merged upstream, it's encouraged you use
GHC from git and make the change there (because there have been a lot
of changes in HEAD since then). If I remember correctly, the Pred
change in template-haskell didn't even touch the compiler. The changes
are here:

https://github.com/ghc/packages-template-haskell/commit/9b128b3c0317283edb0759479e2e26d351b86e58
https://github.com/ghc/packages-template-haskell/commit/a02ef9d827c4473e5e4efc84d7a8a987f51522aa
https://github.com/ghc/packages-template-haskell/commit/57b662c3efd8579595c8642fce2d4cd60ba4ec0b

If you *really* don't want to update your example, you *might* get
away with reverting these commits in the template-haskell repository
(located under libraries/template-haskell after using ./sync-all), and
then build. But it's probably better if you can adapt your example to
match HEAD, if possible.

Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant