ghc-7.8.1 RC2 ppc dyn linked executable segfaults

Jens Petersen petersen at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 18 10:02:24 UTC 2014

> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.8.1-rc2/
>>

> A test build on ppc completed but then the dyn executable sanity check
> failed (not yet sure why):
> http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1707922

The ppc64 build looks okay, but ppc seems to have a problem with
executables dyn linked to Haskell libs segfaulting.

Is anyone able to reproduce this on Linux/ppc (32bit)?  Debian?

I don't have access yet to a ppc box to investigate further but I see the
segfault for "ghc -dynamic Hello.hs; ./Hello" on ppc in the fedora buildsys.

http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/1459/1711459/build.log&offset=-4000("ghc
-v -dynamic Foo.hs") [1]

I guess I should file a bug anyway.  I sent a heads-up mail to Gustavo too.

Jens

[1] full log is
http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/1459/1711459/build.log[4.9MB]