Building GHC on Windows

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Mar 13 11:48:14 UTC 2014

Thanks. I installed msys but again I faced the same problem. I solved it by copying mingw
directory from ghc-7.6.3 distribution to inplace/mingw subdirectory in the source tree. That's
silly but it works.

Now I have problems with installing alex and happy. I followed steps on wiki page, ie. downloaded
cabal.exe and added it to path. I can run 'cabal update' and 'cabal install alex happy' but it
looks like packages are not installed in my home directory (home under msys shell that is). Any
idea where are they installed so that I can add them to path?

Janek