Proposal: require Haddock comment for every new top-level function and type in GHC source code

Howard B. Golden howard_b_golden at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 16:07:44 UTC 2014

I don't think this is mutually exclusive with Johan's proposal. Let me suggest an amendment: Developers (both new and old) would be encouraged to submit patches adding or improving documentation in the source code. Documentation patches would be vetted as any others would be.

Discouraging source code comments is the worst legacy of Unix. IMO (contradicting K&R) even incorrect comments are better than none.

Howard