Phabricator for patches and code review

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:54:40 UTC 2014

If you have several commits, then use separate 'arc diff' commands to
send them to Phab.  You can do this even if they depend on each other
("stacked diffs").  My usual workflow is something like this:

git checkout -b hacking master
.. hack hack ..
git commit
arc diff HEAD^
.. hack hack ..
git commit
arc diff HEAD^

Now you have a branch with two separate commits, and two Phab diffs.
For landing, you can wait until they're all accepted and then do a
single 'git push', or you can push them individually by cherry-picking
onto master, pushing, and then rebasing the original branch.

The squashing behavior of Phab is intended to squash the *revisions* of
a diff into a single commit.  Personally I don't use it this way, I just
amend the original commit, because it's easier to do stacked diffs this way.