Continuous Integration and Cross Compilation

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 20 07:10:49 UTC 2014

| This response has gotten pretty long! Apologies if I missed something,
| or otherwise misunderstood. Anyway, if there's a path here that seems
| sensible, I'll have a go at it.

William, I am not qualified to comment on the details, but thank you for offering to help.  I do urge you to pick some initial tasks that *don't* involve solving the full cross-compilation problem, desirable as it is.  I fear that it is a swamp from which you will not emerge soon, and it'd be better to have some successes  to encourage you, and some experience to build on, before diving into it.

Everyone: no responses yet to my email below.  Suppose Austin plays secretary: would people like to volunteer to be part of the GHC Nightly-Build/Continuous-Integration Task Force?

Simon