Windows breakage

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 11 08:18:30 UTC 2014

Stefan, Guys
This commit breaks the Windows build (ie my laptop)

commit 9fd507e5758f4141ac2619f0db57136bcab035c6

Author: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox at gentoo.org>

Date:   Fri May 23 23:58:06 2014 +0300

    Raise exceptions when blocked in bad FDs (fixes Trac #4934)
The breakage is this:

C:/code/HEAD/rts/dist/build/libHSrts.a(RtsStartup.o):RtsStartup.c:(.text+0x2aa): undefined reference to `base_GHCziEventziThread_blockedOnBadFD_closure'
The reason is, I think that that this line in RtsStartup.c should be inside the guard #ifndef mingw32_HOST_OS

    getStablePtr((StgPtr)blockedOnBadFD_closure);
I'd do that myself but I am not confident that the fix is correct; and I would like to add a comment to explain why the getStablePtr is non-windows-only.
Can someone do this, please?
Thanks