Haskell Platform 2014.2.0.0 Release Candidate 2
mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:40:11 UTC 2014
The long anticipated Haskell Platform 2014.2 release, including GHC 7.8.3,
and numerous updated packages, is almost here!
We have created "Release Candidate 2" installers for OS X and Windows, and
believe, barring show stopper issues, creepers exploding, or other bizarre
phenomenon, these will likely be blessed as the final in a few days time.
If you would like to be an early adopter, please try 'em out...
- source tarball: haskell-platform-2014.2.0.0-RC2.tar.gz
- source repo: haskell/haskell-platform at 2014.2.0.0-RC2
- windows 32bit: hskellPlatform-2014.2.0.0-i386-RC2-setup.exe
- windows 64bit:hskellPlatform-2014.2.0.0-x86_64-RC2-setup.exe
- os x 64bit: Haskell Platform 2014.2.0.0 64bit RC2.signed.pkg
- travis-ci build: haskell/haskell-platform
*Notes for RC2, since RC1:*
*Extra thanks to Randy Polen for burning the midnight-oil to get ths out*
- removed unneeded python (et al) files from the GHC bindist for 64-bit
Windows (referenced in GHC ticket #9014
- added HTML "view source" pages for the GHC packages that was missing
from the GHC bindist for both 32- and 64-bit Windows.
*Mac OS X*
*If you installed RC1, you can remove first with the command *sudo
uninstall-hs only 7.8.3 --remove
*Run it without *--remove* to see what it will do before running, it if you
like. In theory you can just install this one right on top of RC1.... but
hasn't been tested.*
- file layout on the Mac... improved slightly (again). In particular,
executables are now installed directly in $prefix/bin dirs, rather than
within the package dir
- fix the bug with haddock master index not being updated correctly
- works on 10.6! (and 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9) with gcc or clang based
- works on 10.10!!! (Yosemite, developer preview 4 release)
- missing sources in hptool now present
- platform.sh improved somewhat (in particular, handles host cabal being
- These can "soak" amongst the intreped on these lists for a few hours.
- On Monday evening (PST) I'll announce to haskell-cafe and reddit
- End of next week (from my vacation, I'll point out), we'll declare
success and ship.
Platform 2014.2.0.0 64bit RC2.signed.pkg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ghc-devs