GHC contribution guidelines and infrastructure talk on 6th September at HIW?

Rob Stewart robstewart57 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 21:55:22 UTC 2014

On 18 July 2014 09:01, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 18.07.2014, 07:25 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones:
>> | On Saturday 6th September is the Haskell Implementers Workshop. There
>> | has been plenty of discussion over the last 12 months about making
>> | contributions to GHC less formidable. Is this story going to be told at
>> | HIW? A talk about revised contribution guidelines and helpful tool
>> | support might engage those sat on, or peering over, the fence.
>>
>> I think that's a great idea.  Maybe Simon M, or Joachim, or Austin, or Herbert?  Of some coalition thereof
>
> I agree, and I’d be available for it, or for joining a coalition.

I gentle nudge about the idea of a HIW talk on contributing to GHC
development. I'm glad some people think that this is a good idea.
However, given that the official deadline for talk proposals has
already passed, at least an abstract would have to be submitted to the
HIW committee very soon to be considered. The presentation content can
of course be put together much closer to the time.

I don't want to create work for anyone, of course.

--
Rob