[commit: ghc] master: Add Windows to NoSharedLibsPlatformList (4af1e76)

kyra kyrab at mail.ru
Tue Jan 21 22:38:55 UTC 2014

On 1/14/2014 14:16, Austin Seipp wrote:
> However, dynamic for Windows is the biggest thing holding up the RC,
> and we're behind schedule (people are ready to move on) - so in light
> of this, the RC will likely move forward shortly with these in the
> same state (which is unfortunate, but we decided to punt it in a
> decision last week.) It's sad to say that we have so few Windows
> hackers, it's hard to hold up for so long on this issue. But you can
> help change all of this!
>
> During the RC period, I would very much welcome fixes for some of
> these issues, and be more than willing to assist you where possible to
> do that (including detailing what I've learned.)

I've posted a patch
(https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7134#comment:42) which rather
satisfactory fixes things on ghc-7.6.3.

Now, when I tried to port it to HEAD I've faced numerous problems
because things went long way since 7.6.3.

For example, recently introduced .ctors support is definitely broken on
x86_64 mingw32 - it barfs "HSinteger-gmp-0.5.1.0.o: can't find section
`'". I've disabled .ctors support here and there and this bug
disappeared, but another bug popped out immediately, I've fixed it too
and now the next bug is runtime linker can't find symbols from 'base'
package.

I guess, all this is because nobody bothered to test new developments
against x86_64 mingw32 since it was broken long ago anyway.

Hence, to make things more clear for me: does there exist at least
*someone* besides me, who tried to make things working on x86_64 mingw32
recently?

Regards,
Kyra