Folding constants for floats

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:12:22 UTC 2014

2014/1/14 Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com>:
> I emphatically and forcefully agree with Isaac. [...]

Yup, I would prefer to no touch FP optimization in a rush, too. I am
not sure if this is still the case today, but I remember breaking some
FP stuff in GHC when doing cross-compilation + bootstrapping with it
ages ago. Can this still happen today? I don't know how GHC is ported
to a brand new platform nowadays... All the rounding magic etc. has to
happen as if it was executed on the target platform, not like on the
platform GHC is running. More fun stuff to consider, I guess. .-)