testsuite change

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:30:33 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-13 at 13:18:53 +0100, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:
> and then?  are all those untracked files really untracked?  I
> definitely didn't add them!  Have they been lost from the tree
> somehow?

Well, Git just detects there's already something which it would
overwrite (as it doesn't know what a nested testsuite/.git means).

So they're were only untracked from ghc.git's perspective. If you want
to make sure you really have no uncommitted things there, just cd into
testsuite/ (or testsuite-old if you moved it already), and run 'git
status'/'git log' and other common Git commands to find out if there's
something worth saving over from the old standalone testsuite.git

(Git commands will use the first found .git/ folder while traversing
upwards towards the filesystem root)

HTH,
  hvr

--
"Elegance is not optional" -- Richard O'Keefe